- multiply fractions by whole numbers, and simplify
- multiply fractions by fractions, and simplify
- divide fractions by whole numbers
- divide fractions by fractions
- for multiplying & dividing by a whole number, make the whole number into a fraction by putting a 1 as the denominator.
- to multiply, times the top by top, and bottom by bottom.
- to divide, flip the second fraction and then multiply.
- to simplify, find out all the possible numbers that can multiply together to make the numerator and the denominator, and the largest number they have in common is what you need to divide them both by.
STUDY QUESTIONS: p. 236 (Chapter Review) # 6-23